Welcome to the MafiaMatrix FAQ. In this section we will cover some Frequently Asked Questions. Here you will find the answers to the most common questions in MafiaMatrix, however, if you feel something is missing, or that something could be expanded upon, feel free to contact us. If you are looking for a particular phrase you can use the CRTL + F command, which is a "find" option, to look for that specific phrase.
- 1 FAQ
- 1.1 I have a question; where do I go to ask it?
- 1.2 There was a case closed on me, but I didn't do anything. Why was this done to me?
- 1.3 I lost max health; is there any way I can get it back?
- 1.4 I want to become a Judge or a Police officer; what do I need to do?
- 1.5 I am trying to solve police cases; what am I supposed to do?
- 1.6 What is "JB"?
- 1.7 Can I kill someone in another city?
- 1.8 How do I launder dirty money?
- 1.9 Can I whack people who are offline?
- 1.10 Where can I get a tattoo and how can I remove my current one?
- 1.11 How does Respect work?
- 1.12 What are "Agg Pro" and "Whack Pro"?
- 1.13 What do Community Services do?
- 1.14 What is the Agg Strength bar?
- 1.15 What is a 30 Minute Time Out?
- 1.16 I have purchased the Character History feature, but where do I access it?
- 1.17 What are the different wealth status?
- 1.18 Are there any other URLs that can be used to access the site?
- 1.19 I "know" I meet the requirements for a certain skill/trait/secret stuff and should've got it but don't have it. Why?
- 1.20 How many crew fronts are there and how much does each one cost?
- 1.21 What is the size of crew pictures?
- 1.22 How come MHS skill is not unlocked yet (but requirements have been met)?
- 1.23 What aggravated crimes can I do as a legit?
I have a question; where do I go to ask it?
If you have a question, you should start by looking in the Changelog. The Changelog can be very helpful if you are having trouble with something that has recently been changed - especially for ex-Injustice players. If you are unable to locate the answer in the change log, then the next place to look would be the Help Forum. We recommend that you do not post at first, instead you should use the Search feature. Chances are, if you`re having a problem, someone has had, or is having, a similar problem. Another helpful place for answers is here, the Help Site, where many guides can be found. After you have checked all of these places you should post in the help forum; there are plenty of players willing to answer your questions. Another faster way of getting an answer is to ask on our Discord channel,you may also be able to find a few people still on our IRC channel #mafiamatrix at Jaundies server.
There was a case closed on me, but I didn't do anything. Why was this done to me?
On occasion, you will find that a case or two may have been closed on you for a crime you did not commit. If you convicted for a crime that you did not commit, then you will get this message at the end of the conviction journal entry, "Hopefully you find a good lawyer because you know you never did that crime!" This usually happens when there is insufficient evidence and police officers decide to guess, more or less, on the who the suspect is and end framing it on an innocent civilian. The officer would normally place in the case notes that he is making a guess due to insufficient evidence and leaves it to the Judge to decide on whether to find the defendant Guilty or Not Guilty. Another reason you may have been framed is if your name and the actual criminal's name end with the same last 3 letters, or if you have similar DNA or fingerprint IDs.
I lost max health; is there any way I can get it back?
You may regain max health points randomly by voting on Banners or using Medipacks. There is only a small chance of gaining max health from both options and it can be anywhere from 1 to 3 points.
I want to become a Judge or a Police officer; what do I need to do?
In most cities, to be eligible for the opportunity to become a Police Officer or Judge, you need to have previously completed one or two careers in that particular city. Check your city bar for requirements to get an authorization from the current city leader. Being a respectable citizen and helping out others will increase your chances of being added to the waiting list. If you have convictions, you will not be able to begin training for the Police Department. If you have over 10 convictions while you are a police officer or a judge, you will get fired.
I am trying to solve police cases; what am I supposed to do?
If you are having trouble solving cases, we have a few tips for you in our guide for the Police Department.
What is "JB"?
The term "JB" stands for Jail Break, the act of breaking someone out of jail. In order to set up the jail break, the planner and the parter need to be in the city that the prisoner is in. Both the planner and the partner need to have their Agg Timers available to set it up. Once the partner accepts the jail break, the planner will need to execute the jail break as soon as possible from the Jail Break menu on the aggravated crime page. All three people, the planner, the partner and the prisoner, will have to be online at the same time to execute the plan. If successful, the prisoner will be out of jail, however, if you are unsuccessful, then one hour will be added to the prisoner's sentence.
Note: Taking too long to execute will lead to the planner being imprisoned for 4 hours.
Can I kill someone in another city?
Yes, you can, although you will need to travel to them. It is customary to request authorization to whack/GBH someone in another city from that city's leaders. Check the local bar in that city to find out who to ask. If you whack/GBH someone without authorization from a leader, you will most likely be killed yourself.
How do I launder dirty money?
First, you should to the Yellow Pages in your City Menu and search for "Bank". Next, choose someone from the list, as they should all be in the banking career, who is located in a city other than your Home City and is currently online. Then you should send them a message to add you to their laundering list; you will receive a journal entry when the banker has done so. After they have added you, travel to their city and start laundering with them via Income > Money Laundering.
Note: If you are not currently a gangster, you will need to gather some gangster experience before the Money Laundering option is available to you.
Can I whack people who are offline?
Yes, but only in certain scenarios. You can whack offline players if you are a Godfather, your family is in war mode, you are a family hitman or you are police officer in the SWAT division. Also, if you have unlocked Solo Whack, you can whack IA (Inactive) players who have not logged on for at least 7 days and are unemployed or in first tier of a career.
Where can I get a tattoo and how can I remove my current one?
You may purchase a tattoo from the Tattoo Parlour located in London. They may be removed in any local hospital.
How does Respect work?
When you start your new character, you will have 50% respect.
Ways to increase your respect:
- Attempt to or whack someone stronger than you.
- If someone stronger than you attempts to whack you.
- Be at the Top of a Career or a Crew Leader (with members) during the daily respect change.
- Be a gangster in jail as a Lifer during the daily respect change.
- Be a Caporegime during the daily respect change.
- Be a bodyguard, however, this will only last until you are at 55%.
Ways to decrease your respect:
- If someone weaker than you attempts to whack you.
- Attempt to or whack someone weaker than you.
- Be unemployed during the daily respect change.
- Be a legit citizen in jail during respect change.
- Be a Crew Leader (Without Capos), Commissioner (Without Police Officers), Supreme Court Judge (Without Judges), Field Marshal (Without Senior Officers).
If you do not meet any of the criteria above your respect will not change. You cannot gain back max respect.
What are "Agg Pro" and "Whack Pro"?
Agg Pro means Aggravated Protection, which is the cool down time (2 Hours) before someone is able to commit another aggravated crime against you. Whack Pro means Whack Protection, which is the cool down time before someone is able to attempt another whack on you. Unlike Agg Pro, Whack Pro times may vary depending on the situation. If someone has attempted to whack you, you will receive between 3h:40m and 4h;20m of protection. However, if you attempt to whack anyone during those 3-4 hours, then your whack protection time decreases to 15 minutes, although this may vary if you have unlocked the "Death made me hard as nails!" trait (see below). Another difference is when someone attempts to shank you in jail, you will have 4 hours whack protection, instead of the typical 3 hours; additionally, this will not decrease if you attempt to whack someone during those 4 hours.
- Rank 1 - 20 Minutes
- Rank 2 - 25 Minutes
- Rank 3 - 30 Minutes
What do Community Services do?
Community Services are used for various reasons; the most common use would be to decrease your gangster experience in order to stay legit or to become a legit citizen once again. By doing Community Services, you also help the current mayor's funds as it increases with each service completed.
What is the Agg Strength bar?
In most aggravated crimes, Agg Strength determines the success of the crime. The Agg Strength bar shows the percentage of the player’s total strength that will be used in the crime; therefore, the higher the percentile, the higher the chance of success. The Agg Strength bar is only available for players who have purchased In-Game Timers.
What is a 30 Minute Time Out?
A 30 Minute Time Out is a device used to stop people from scripting via mouse tamers. Doing this will set your earn timer to 30 minutes, thus stopping you from earning for the next 30 minutes. Of course, you may choose this option by mistake once in a while, however, admins may look into your account if it happens too often.
I have purchased the Character History feature, but where do I access it?
Go to your character's Profile and click on "View player history" below your Last Activity and Clothing sections. Alternatively, you could go to Edit Profile > Previous Characters and click on "To view your past promotions, earns, aggs etc then click here..."
What are the different wealth status?
- Hobo Style = Less than $1,000
- Poor = $1,000 to $24,999
- Average = $25,000 to $249,999
- Wealthy = $250,000 to $999,999
- Rich = $1,000,000 to $9,999,999
- Priceless = $10,000,000 to $99,999,999
- Richer than God = $100,000,000 to $499,999,999
- Burning Bills = $500,000,000 to $999,999,999
- Almost as Rich as Croat = $1,000,000,000 to ∞
- The Money Tree = This rank is reserved for Admins only
Are there any other URLs that can be used to access the site?
I "know" I meet the requirements for a certain skill/trait/secret stuff and should've got it but don't have it. Why?
The scripts are working as intended and there are no bugs/glitches regarding them, which means that what you have expected to be the requirements for the unlocking or what you think it should be, is not equal to the real requirements. So, there are two reasons for why you're not getting it unlocked - you most probably don't have what's required to unlock the the skill/trait/other secret stuff or the script hasn't ran yet.
How many crew fronts are there and how much does each one cost?
- Laundry Shop : Costs $500,000 (0 Capos)
- Pizza Restaurant: Costs $2,000,000 (0 Capo) ($300,000 max laundering)
- Strip Club: Costs $1,000,000 (2 Capos Max) ($500,000 max laundering)
- Waste Management: Costs $2,000,000 (4 Capos Max) ($1,000,000 max laundering)
- Construction Firm: Costs $4,000,000 (6 Capos Max) ($3,000,000 max laundering)
- International Workers Union: Costs $7,000,000 (8 Capos Max) ($5,000,000 max laundering)
- Global Banking Conglomerate: Costs $10,000,000 (10 Capos Max)
What is the size of crew pictures?
How come MHS skill is not unlocked yet (but requirements have been met)?
You will need to go into your skill/trait page and retrain into the MHS skill you want unlocked.
What aggravated crimes can I do as a legit?
Pick Pocket, Mug, Grand Theft Auto, Breaking & Entering, Jail Break, Armed Robbery.